German Language at PSU and Abroad
The Chair of German Studies and Intercultural Communication, headed by Associate Professor N.S. Shavkun and Associate Professor N.V. Papka, Coordinator for international relations on German language at the Institute of Romance and German Languages, Informational, and Humanitarian Technologies (IRGLIHT) implement a fruitful work on the development of international academic mobility of students and lecturers with foreign partner universities.
In the 2019/2020 academic year, the following exchange education programs for the students who learn German in Austrian and German universities were implemented:
1. Master’s program with two diplomas (in Russia and Austria), Advertising and Public Relations, Commercials, in cooperation with Sankt Pölten Institute of Applied Sciences (Austria). G. Dzukoeva, B. Zavrumova, two master’s students from IRGLIHT, undergo the ERASMUS+ program (scholarship €850).
2. The exchange education program at PSU partner university, Institute of Applied Sciences in Sankt Pölten (Austria).
This academic cooperation has been taking place in PSU since 2009, giving significant results. 25 students from our university took advantage of the exchange education programs.
In the first semester of the 2019/2020 academic year, 4th-year IRGLIHT students Vlada Filimontseva and Anna Maltseva took the program within the cooperation agreement between two universities.
3. Program of exchange education at PSU partner university, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena.
3rd-year IRGLIHT student Darya Kopylova underwent exchange education in the first and second semesters of the 2019/2020 academic year.
4. PAD grant internship in Germany (Pedagogical Service of Academic Exchanges). Marianna Tlyancheva, 1st-year master’s student at 45.04.02 Linguistics; Contrastive Study of Languages and Cultures and Innovative Strategies of Communication (Romance and German languages), with 1-year experience of Russian language teacher.
5. Summer German courses in Germany, followed by the DAAD grant (German Service of Academic Exchanges). Three IRGLIHT students took courses in August and September 2019.
Ekaterina Anferova: “Deutsch als Fremdsprache” course, Universität Passau.
Darina Merza and Natalia Surikova – “Deutsch intensive” language course, Fachhochschule Aachen.